We talked to clients from Irvington, IL to get their favorite recipes for some of the produce items we distributed that day.
With produce items like potatoes, onions, bananas, apples, and watermelons there was no shortage of inspiration! Now that it’s starting to feel like Autumn, it’s the perfect time of year for a warm Potato Cheese Casserole or Apple French Toast.
What are some of your favorite recipes for the Fall months?
Potato Cheese Casserole
1 Onion, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped
3-4 potatoes, chopped
½ bar of velveeta cheese
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Layer vegetables and cheese in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with salt and pepper to taste and top with a layer of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted over top.
Apple French Toast
1-2 apples, sliced
½ cup white sugar
2 Tbs butter
6 slices bread
½ cup milk
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl. Dip bread in egg mixture and cook both sides 1-2 minutes until toasted. Set bread aside.
- Melt butter in skillet, add sugar and stir until the sugar begins to melt.
- Add the apples, stir occasionally until the apples are tender and juices mix with the sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle toast with cinnamon and top with apple mixture. Serve warm.
Tammy and Mary’s Fruit Salad Bowl
1 whole watermelon
Assorted Fruit, sliced/balled/chopped
- Cut watermelon in half. Carve melon out of the rind, but save the rind to use as the bowl.
- Mix melon and fruits together and place in watermelon rind.