Inclement Weather and Agency Closure Policy:
Occasionally, treacherous weather conditions make it unsafe for the St. Louis Area Foodbank to deliver product and/or be open for pick up. In instances such as this, agencies are required to adhere to the following procedures:
- The St. Louis Area Foodbank will announce its closure and/or inability to deliver on the Agency Access page of the website and through various social media outlets. Please refer to these as your primary sources of information for this matter.
- If your agency is scheduled for delivery but is closed due to weather, or unable to be accessed safely, it is your responsibility to notify Dave Froeckmann in Transportation at 314-292-5765 firstname.lastname@example.org . Agencies must email or leave a voicemail the night prior to the delivery.
- If you are scheduled to receive a delivery during wintry weather, it is your responsibility to clear walkways, driveways and make room for a pallet jack to safely operate.
In addition to severe weather, agencies must observe a similar policy upon being closed for the holidays or unexpected occurrences:
- If your agency is scheduled for delivery but is closed for a holiday, or unable to be accessed safely, it is your responsibility to notify Dave Froeckmann in Transportation at 314-292-5765 or email@example.com. Agencies must email or leave a voicemail the night prior to the delivery.
- If your agency is participating in the retail pick up program, it is your responsibility to inform your store contact, as well as Shannon O’Connor (314.227.3738 or firstname.lastname@example.org) of any extended closures that will prevent your organization from picking up at your regularly scheduled retail location.
This month’s Agency Spotlight is Law & Grace Ministries in Belleville, IL. Click here to read more.
Tell us about your agency and any best practices you would like to share with other agencies!
All orders must be placed online.
- The online ordering system requires a username and password provided by the St. Louis Area Foodbank.
- Instructions for Online Ordering
Register an agency:
Find your county to register your agency.
Find Another Agency
- Agency Locator:
Enter your zip code to find the agency closest to you. Find an Agency
- List of Agencies:
See a list of all of our agencies View or Download List
Agency Access Page
Holiday/Closed Schedule 2020
January 1 | New Year’s Day
January 20 | MLK
February 17 | Presidents’ Day
May 25 | Memorial Day
June 27 – July 3 | Inventory
July 3 | Independence Day
August 21 | Staff Picnic
September 7 | Labor Day
November 26 | Thanksgiving
November 27 | Day Off Thanksgiving
December 24 | Christmas Eve
December 25 | Christmas Day
December 31 | New Year’s Eve
Current Fair Market Value of food = $1.57 per pound
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Orders may be picked up until
1:30 p.m., but we close at 2:00 p.m.
On January 23, 2019, General Mills announced a voluntary national recall of five-pound bags of its Gold Medal Unbleached Flour with a better if used by date of April 20, 2020. Consumers reminded that flour is not a ‘ready to eat’ ingredient.
CDC, public health and regulatory officials in several states, Canada, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are investigating a multistate outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 (E. coli O157:H7) infections linked to romaine lettuce.
Fight Hunger and Feed Hope in your community!
Sign up to receive email updates and discover your role in the fight against hunger!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]