National Corn on the Cob Day is Sunday, August 16.
We’re celebrating with a delicious and healthy corn salsa recipe. What are some of your favorite ways to use corn on the cob?
Zesty Corn Salsa
- 2 large ears corn
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Can of black beans
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeds slightly removed and diced
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- juice of one lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- To grill corn (preferably over charcoal for best flavor), leave the husk on and grill it first until charred. Then remove the husk and strings and put it back on the grill for a little color – 2-3 minutes – rolling to heat all sides.
- Once grilled, slice corn off of the cob and add to bowl with remaining ingredients and stir.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, pepper or lime juice for added flavor.
- Serve immediately. Will keep covered in the fridge for several days, but is best when fresh.