September is Potato Month
Each year, the Foodbank distributes roughly 800,000 lbs of potatoes to families in need. We know how to celebrate a potato around here!
Potatoes are a great source of potassium, fiber, and vitamins like B6. They’re also extremely versatile, and an easy addition to any meal. September is National Potato Month, so we’re giving our spud friends some love. Kelly Hall, our Registered Dietitian, demonstrates a simple and tasty potato salad recipe in our latest recipe video.
Easy Potato Salad
- 4 cups of baby red potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup onion (red or white), finely diced
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Boil potatoes until soft, approximately 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Combine onion, green pepper, mustard, olive oil, vinegar, and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Once potatoes have cooled, combine potatoes with mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.