Pumpkin Pudding Parfait
If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed after planning a whole Thanksgiving meal, then this easy dessert will save you time and stress.
This pumpkin pie parfait has all of the flavor and nostalgia of a pumpkin pie with less fat and less time spent in the kitchen.
Kelly Hall, our Registered Dietitian, demonstrates how easy it is to put this dessert together.
Give yourself a break this year, and keep everyone happy with the pumpkin pie flavor they love.
- 1 ounce fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (or approx 1/2 of a 15oz can)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 4 low-fat cinnamon graham crackers
- 1/4 cup pecans
1. Prepare pudding according to package directions. Be sure to whisk for the full two minutes as the box instructs to ensure creamy texture.
2. Whisk in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
3. Allow to set up in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes (longer is better).
4. In small glasses or bowls, spoon in about 1/3 cup of pumpkin pudding, spreading with a spoon to create an even layer.
5. Next, add a layer of cool whip, followed by the last layer of pumpkin pudding.
6. Top with a dollop of cool whip and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers and pecans.
7. Enjoy immediately while graham crackers are still crunchy.
Find more healthy Thanksgiving recipes here.